RESTORE LOCAL RIGHTS FOR OKLAHOMA CITIES
- HB 2267 does NOT
allow cities to regulate where or how tobacco is marketed, sold, or taxed.
- HB 2267 does NOT make businesses smoke-free, it only lets cities and their citizens discuss what they want for their city.
- Cities in Oklahoma are competing with cities in other states for new businesses and jobs.
- Smoking costs Oklahoma businesses over $1.73 Billion each year for health related illness and lost productivity. (Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids - www.tobaccofreekids.org)
- Oklahoma pays $1.16 Billion in support of health care for tobacco related illnesses. (Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids- www.tobaccofreekids.org)
- Every Oklahoma household pays $553 in state and federal taxes due to smoking related illnesses. (Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids – www.tobaccofreekids.org)
- Reducing tobacco use among workers: